MELOXICAM is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It is used to reduce swelling and to treat pain. It may be used for osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis or juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. Meloxicam 15 mg tablet information.
What should I tell my health care provider before I take this medicine?
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
- cigarette smoker
- coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery within the past 2 weeks
- drink more than 3 alcohol-containing drinks a day
- heart disease or circulation problems such as heart failure or leg edema (fluid retention)
- hemophilia or bleeding problems
- high blood pressure
- kidney disease
- liver disease
- stomach bleeding or ulcers
- an unusual or allergic reaction to meloxicam, aspirin, other NSAIDs, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
- pregnant or trying to get pregnant
How should I use this medicine?
According to Meloxicam 7.5 mg , take this medicine by mouth with a full glass of water. Do not cut, crush or chew this medicine. Take this medicine in an upright or sitting position. If possible take bedtime doses at least 10 minutes before lying down. If this medicine upsets your stomach, take it with food or milk. Take your medicine at regular intervals. Do not take it more often than directed.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. Special care may be needed.
Elderly patients over 65 years old may have a stronger reaction to this medicine and need smaller doses.
Overdosage: If you think you have taken too much of this medicine contact a poison control center or emergency room at once.
NOTE: This medicine is only for you. Do not share this medicine with others.
What if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, take only that dose. Do not take double or extra doses of meloxicam 15 mg tablet information.
What may interact with this medicine?
- medicines for high blood pressure
- other drugs for inflammation like ketorolac, ibuprofen, and prednisone
This list may not describe all possible interactions. Give your health care providers a list of all the medicines, herbs, non-prescription drugs, or dietary supplements you use. Also tell them if you smoke, drink alcohol, or use illegal drugs. Some items may interact with your medicine, Meloxicam 7.5mg tablet information.
What should I watch for while using this medicine?
Tell your doctor or healthcare professional if your pain does not get better. Talk to your doctor before taking another medicine for pain. Do not treat yourself.
This medicine does not prevent heart attack or stroke. If you take aspirin to prevent heart attack or stroke, talk with your doctor or health care professional meloxicam 7.5 mg tablet information.
Do not take medicines such as ibuprofen and naproxen with this medicine. Side effects such as stomach upset, nausea, or ulcers may be more likely to occur. Many medicines available without a prescription should not be taken with this medicine.
What side effects may I notice from this medicine?
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- black or bloody stools, blood in the urine or vomit
- blurred vision
- chest pain
- difficulty breathing or wheezing
- nausea or vomiting
- skin rash, skin redness, blistering or peeling skin, hives, or itching
- slurred speech or weakness on one side of the body
- swelling of eyelids, throat, lips
- unexplained weight gain or swelling
- unusually weak or tired
- yellowing of eyes or skin
- Meloxicam 7.5mg tablet
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
- constipation or diarrhea
- gas or heartburn
- stomach pain
- Meloxicam 7.5mg
This list may not describe all possible side effects.
Where should I keep my medicine?
Keep out of the reach of children.
Store at room temperature between 15 and 30 degrees C (59 and 86 degrees F). Protect from moisture. Keep container tightly closed. Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date.